Monday, March 23, 2009

Not too much going on, unfortunately

Well, my weight-loss efforts are kind of pathetic. I tried a few times to get in a good habit, but life always happened. Doing as we do in Ohio winters, I was of course sick, which didn't help (I know that is no excuse). The stress level at work is still high; my company has lost the contract that keeps us in business in Ohio and we will all be losing our jobs this summer - great timing, recession. And of course, to make things worse, corporate is awfully slow on honest answers. I don't think they had greedy corporate goons who only think of the bottom line when they created capitalism. There definitely needs to be a VP of Common Sense to smack their heads when they do something stupid. At least the weather is breaking. Even though my sinuses are freaking out, it's nice to celebrate the Vernal Equinox. Totally coincidental is that fact that my last post was near the Pagan holiday Imbolc and this one following closely after Ostara. A celebration of life and new beginnings. None too soon. Had a decent game of poker a little while ago, only four of us, but it was nice to start it up again, and nicer since I was the big winner - looking forward to our next one.

Next up: Get some honest answers from corporate. Find a job. Get those resolutions back on track.
Listening to: 88.9 WSTB the alternation
Reading: Stephanie Meyer's The Host
Playing: Wii Sports Golf - my record is 10 under

No comments:

Post a Comment